Although this blog is primarily for my fiction, it wouldn’t seem right for me to not at least mention today’s bit of exciting news: I received my first copy of the non-fiction book I’m a co-author on: the Peterson Field Guide to Moths of Northeastern North America. And oh my gosh, I can’t adequately express just how exciting it is to hold this actual book in my hands that has my name actually on the cover. It looks really fantastic, and I’m so pleased with how it turned out. For anyone interested, I posted more about it at my nature blog.
“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- I have no trouble at all with affect vs effect, but please don’t ask me to pick between discrete and discreet in a sentence. 7 hours ago
- Pacific Rim was boring with no plot. I like Johnny Depp’s Willy Wonka better than Gene Wilder. I’m kinda over the s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- RT @ChuckTingle: thank you i like this movie as it is (i like part where jedi ray saves the day also part where handsome KYLE RON is handso… 11 hours ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read