I made this for my mom for her birthday this weekend, and now that she’s received it I wanted to share photos. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. Inside is a rope light wound around a cylindrical shipping tube. The shade is made from pages of an actual book papier mached together in a single layer. (The Bully of Barkham Street, an old MG paperback that pretty much selected itself for the project when it fell apart in my hand. Which made it easier to get past the idea that I was dismembering a book.)
“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- RT @Writer_Carrie: If you're wondering just how small the asks are, multiple kids are asking for nail polish, or a matchbox car, or a color… 4 hours ago
- RT @StillNotSam: I just discovered boulder opals today and I've never wanted to eat a rock so badly in my life https://t.co/7GL6BKSo3i 5 hours ago
- Waant. twitter.com/esc_key/status… 19 hours ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read