A quick post to add to Wednesday’s – here’s another opportunity to browse critique partner listings, or join in yourself. Operation Awesome is holding a Critique Partner Connection as part of their New Year’s Revisions Conference. The “personals ads” are being left in the comments of this post, so swing by and have a look, if you’re interested! New submissions are being taken until January 7th.
“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- Here's what 6.5 hours of powerless sump pump after 12 hours of torrential rain looks like. https://t.co/Rg3FEXSkGD 8 hours ago
- RT @MeetAnimals: he needs those parts for his space ship hes going to otter space https://t.co/yqo7uUztWf 1 day ago
- This whole thread, but especially this. twitter.com/delilahsdawson… 1 day ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read