A quick post to add to Wednesday’s – here’s another opportunity to browse critique partner listings, or join in yourself. Operation Awesome is holding a Critique Partner Connection as part of their New Year’s Revisions Conference. The “personals ads” are being left in the comments of this post, so swing by and have a look, if you’re interested! New submissions are being taken until January 7th.
“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- Agent Carter please!! twitter.com/tvishistory/st… 2 hours ago
- Woohoo! @chaptersindigo has their Free Shipping, No Minimum promo on this week! Time to go spend all my Christmas gift cards on preorders! 23 hours ago
- Got some awesome book mail today! :D FINALLY (thanks, UPS). So amazing to see five years of hard work as an actual… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read