A quick post to add to Wednesday’s – here’s another opportunity to browse critique partner listings, or join in yourself. Operation Awesome is holding a Critique Partner Connection as part of their New Year’s Revisions Conference. The “personals ads” are being left in the comments of this post, so swing by and have a look, if you’re interested! New submissions are being taken until January 7th.
“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- Not just about teens on social media, but also advice to YA authors, from teens, on how to write *for* teens, not j… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- I wish @goodreads had a way to separate ratings-as-excitement-indicator from those by people who've actually read the book. 8 hours ago
- Haha. Totally true. Because everyone phrases their advice gently cuz they don't want to scare you, but that's reall… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read