So as I posted on Saturday, I decided to enter the Blind Speed Dating event at Cupid’s Literary Connection with Stars. I got a query polished up with the help of one of my alphas who’d read the story already and submitted it on Friday when the entry window opened. The entries were posted today. The window wasn’t as full as expected, and it turned out my quick-sent email was unnecessary, but I’m still glad I got it in early. I’m entry #1 in this week’s window; you can visit that post to read my query and first page (250 words). There’re 39 entries total in this window, including many really fascinating and intriguing story concepts. Worth popping over and browsing through! And if any of the entries *really* pique your interest, you could always try getting in touch to see if they’d like another beta reader on their story…
“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- RT @Writer_Carrie: If you're wondering just how small the asks are, multiple kids are asking for nail polish, or a matchbox car, or a color… 4 hours ago
- RT @StillNotSam: I just discovered boulder opals today and I've never wanted to eat a rock so badly in my life https://t.co/7GL6BKSo3i 5 hours ago
- Waant. twitter.com/esc_key/status… 19 hours ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read