“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- I already do this. It's extremely validating. twitter.com/_hannahheath/s… 4 hours ago
- RT @WriteOnCon: Hey #WriteOnCon2018 family, we just want to make your #Christmas #kidlit shopping list easier. Watch this space to learn ho… 6 hours ago
- And this one! Heck, buy two, at that price. Give one to a friend. twitter.com/alyssa__holly/… 6 hours ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read