“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- RT @lifebreakingin: Just showed Owl @Lin_Manuel’s Lamb-Manuel tweet & tried to explain how it’s okay to just be warm & earnest & silly (& e… 1 hour ago
- Oh my gosh, wow. My thoughts are with everyone participating in this today. My plans feel insignificant in comparis… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- RT @ActionZacku: "Toys R Us CEO says he hopes this smokescreen will be sufficient to obscure the $14 million dollar payout he got for parti… 13 hours ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read