“Because if you have at least a modicum of talent and if you live by these six rules, you *will* make it.”
--Robert J. Sawyer, speaking here of Heinlein's Rules.
8 rules to success, from Robert A Heinlein, Robert J Sawyer, and myself
2. Finish what you start.
3. Refrain from constantly fiddling.
4. Put it on the market.
5. Keep it there until sold.
6. Start something new.
7. Have patience.
A handwritten version of this hangs over my desk where I can see it every day.
My current WIPs
Stars at Midnight
Roughly 112,000 words.
On Phoenix Wings
- RT @Tatum_Flynn: insomnia cons: let me dieeee insomnia pros: somehow end up googling 'cyborg animals' https://t.co/j847ybBgzg 17 hours ago
- RT @NunavutBirder: This is hilarious and true. twitter.com/edgette22/stat… 21 hours ago
- I AM SO GUILTY OF THIS. Frustratingly, I know I'm prone to it, and I still do it. Yay revisions! twitter.com/raeachang/stat… 21 hours ago
Recent & recommended five-star reads
Join the discussion
Connect with other writers at Bransforums.
Writing blogs I read